We adhere to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and are committed to the protection of your privacy. You can find out more about your privacy rights and how we gather, use and share your personal information in this privacy notice.
How we collect information
We may collect your personal data in the course of business if you contact us by email, telephone, post, through social media or in person.
What information do we collect?
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to a living person. We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and company name
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Employment and education details specified in any presentations or CVs you sent us
- Any personal identification documents e.g. passport or driving licence number
- Information required for LAVA Advisory to meet legal and regulatory requirements particularly in relation to anti-money laundering legislation
- Notes of meetings with our staff
- Any other information you send us in relation to your financial situation or a potential transaction
On what basis is the information gathered and how is it used?
Data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest. We use your data for the following reasons:
- For the purposes of providing our clients and contacts with information about our services.
- Sharing your personal information as part of a business sale, reorganisation or similar transaction or opportunity that we believe may be of interest to you.
Where is this information stored?
Who is the information is shared with?
Sometimes we identify you as an individual who may be of interest to our clients and potential clients in those cases we may share your name and company name with them.
We will not share any contact information with other organisations unless we have explicit consent.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
You have the right to;
- Access your data
- Receive a copy of your data in an accessible and reusable format (known as data portability)
- Ask for your data to be corrected or completed If the information we have about them is incomplete or wrong
- Have your data deleted, in certain circumstances (the right to be forgotten)
- Ask for processing to be restricted (temporarily paused)
- Object to processing
- Not be subject to a decision based only on automatic processing (including profiling
Third Party Processors:
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
Digital Marketing Service Providers – We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
How to contact us:
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your data or the responses received, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
M&A can seem complex —
we can guide you through it.
Our clients need more than a satisfactory result, they need support and guidance and that’s what your LAVA team will deliver. Get in touch to find out more.